Pipes are a hollow cylindrical tube with specific dimensions to regulate and direct the gases, water supply, and other solutions. They are found most useful for household and industry purposes.
Types of Pipes
There are different types of pipes which can be given as
- Cast iron pipe
- Galvanized Iron pipe
- Wrought iron pipe
- Steel pipe
- Copper pipe
- Plastic pipe
- Asbestos cement pipe
- Concrete pipe
- Vitrified clay pipe
The PVC pipe is made of Polyvinyl chloride which is the third-most widely produced synthetic plastic. There are two types of PVC pipes namely,
- The normal PVC (Polyvinyl chloride) pipes
- The CPVC (Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride) pipes
Uses of PVC pipes:
- The PVC pipe is generally used for cold water transmission. We can find the application of PVC pipes in the areas of industries, agriculture, household application.
- The PVC pipes can be used in civil cold water system facilities.
- They can be used in building drainage, rainwater pipes, and other facilities.
- They can be used in agriculture, landscape irrigation, spray irrigation project.
- They can be used in the swimming pool, playing in the water recreational facilities projects.
- They can be used in pharmaceutical and chemical companies with a pipeline.
- They can be used in aquaculture pipe.
- They can be used in brewing and fermentation pipe.
- They can be used in electric, telecommunications engineering pipeline.
- They can be used in the city, public green and golf course projects.
- They can be used in paper and sewage treatment works.
Uses of CPVC pipes
Unlike, the normal PVC pipes, CPVC(Chlorinated PVC pipe) are found useful for both heated and non-heated water. It is used for both industrial and commercial purposes as it is highly resistant.
- They are aesthetic, extremely easy and cost-effective to handle and install.
- Transportation of drinking water through CPVC pipes is the best idea.
- They have a smoother internal surface which reduces the water pressure.
- They have high energy efficiency, lower thermal conductivity and installation cost.
- They have high performance even in tough conditions.
- They have high flexibility which virtually eliminates water hammers.
- They are extremely fire resistant.
- They are completely leak-proof pipes.
- They are cost-effective and have high durability with excellent long term reliability.
- They are more suitable for home plumbing systems.
- They are also eco-friendly as their production is highly energy efficient.
Application of CPVC pipes
- They are ideal for hot and cold water distribution in residential, public and industrial projects.
- The large diameter CPVC pipes are used as high tension cable protection pipe for electric net improvement.
- CPVC pipes are also used for transporting high corrosive chemical solutions.
PVC plumbing fittings
Some of the commonly used PVC plumbing fittings are given below
- UV B reducer
- UV C reducer
- UV E reducer
- UV T reducer
- UV elbow 45 degree
- UV elbow 90 degree
- UV T elbow
- UV M plug
- UV F plug
- UV S coupling
- UV endcap
- UV M adapter
- UV F adapter
- UV U patente
- UV T patente
- UV TEE
- UV T TEE
- UV S TEE
- UV S T reducer
- UV S elbow
- UV S U trap
- UV CO
The above mentioned commonly used PVC plumbing fittings can be found easily available in the market.