If you have a small bathroom, you might think that you have to choose between a bathtub and a shower due to space constraints. However, a bathtub-shower combo can provide the benefits of both without requiring the space that separate fixtures would. This article will explore bathtub shower combo ideas for small spaces and provide tips on what to consider when selecting the perfect one for your bathroom.
Ideal for Small Spaces
A bathtub-shower combo is an excellent solution for small bathrooms, combining the luxury of a bath and the quick convenience of a shower into a single unit. It offers a functional and efficient use of space, ensuring that you don’t have to compromise on your bathing preferences due to a lack of room. This design also adds to the resale value of your home, as many buyers appreciate the flexibility of a combined bath and shower.
Types of Bathtub Shower Combos
There are several types of bathtub-shower combos that can fit perfectly into your small bathroom:
1. Alcove Tub-Shower Combos: The most common type, alcove tub-shower combos, are designed to fit into a three-wall recess, making them ideal for compact spaces. They are usually less expensive and easy to install.
2. Corner Tub-Shower Combos: A corner unit can be a great space-saver. These tubs are designed to fit into a corner of your bathroom, making good use of a space that might otherwise go unused.
3. Drop-In or Platform Tubs: These are installed within a deck or a platform, which can also serve as a base for a shower. Though they require a bit more space and installation effort, they can be a good choice if you’re aiming for a more luxurious look.
4. Freestanding Tub-Shower Combos: A freestanding tub with a shower setup can work in a small bathroom with a bit of creative planning. Ensure the showerhead is installed at a height that prevents water from spraying out.
Selecting the Perfect Combo
When selecting a bathtub shower combo, consider the following:
1. Material: Combo units come in various materials such as acrylic, fiberglass, enamel-coated steel, and cast iron. Each material has its pros and cons relating to durability, maintenance, cost, and style.
2. Size and Shape: The size and shape of the combo unit should match the available space in your bathroom. Measure your space accurately before you start shopping.
3. Shower Fixture: Consider a handheld showerhead for flexibility, or a fixed showerhead for a streamlined look. You might also want to consider a model with an adjustable-height showerhead.
4. Safety Features: Look for tubs with built-in safety features such as non-slip floors, grab bars, and easy-to-reach controls, especially if the unit will be used by children or older adults.
5. Style and Finish: The style and finish should match the overall décor of your bathroom. Whether you prefer a modern, sleek look or a more traditional style, you’ll find options to suit your taste.
In conclusion, a bathtub shower combo can be a fantastic solution for small spaces, providing both functionality and style. With careful selection and planning, you can enjoy the best of both worlds without needing to compromise due to space limitations.