During the warmer months, insects can be a real bother as they invade our homes. But there’s a solution: fly screens, also known as insect screens.
They keep those unwanted bugs out while still allowing fresh air to circulate. In this article, we’ll look at different types of fly screens and how they protect against insects.
Fixed Fly Screen
These are the most common type and are installed on windows and doors. They have a sturdy frame with a mesh screen attached.
Fixed fly screen stop insects from entering while still letting air flow through.
They’re usually made of aluminum or PVC and come in different sizes to fit various windows and doors.
- Keeps insects out: Fixed fly screen can effectively prevent flies, mosquitoes, and other bugs from getting inside your home, giving you a bug-free environment.
- Improved airflow: These screens allow fresh air in while keeping dust and debris out, promoting better ventilation and air quality indoors.
- UV protection: A fly screen in a fixed manner also protect against harmful sun rays, keeping your home and furniture safe.
Retractable Fly Screen
These screens are popular for homeowners who want flexibility with their windows and doors.
They consist of a roller mechanism and a retractable mesh screen that can be pulled out when needed and retracted when not in use.
- Versatility: Retractable screens can be easily pulled out or retracted, giving you full control over your windows and doors. You can enjoy open views and fresh air without the hassle of removing or storing the screens.
- Space-saving: When retracted, these screens take up very little space, keeping your home clean and uncluttered.
- Protection against insects and pollen: Retractable screens keep bugs out and act as a barrier against pollen, making them ideal for allergy sufferers.
Magnetic Fly Screen
For frequently opened and closed windows and doors, magnetic fly screen is a convenient choice.
They have a flexible mesh screen with embedded magnets that securely attach to the window or door frame.
- Easy installation: Magnetic screens are quick and simple to install without tools or professional help. You can easily attach and remove them as needed.
- Smooth operation: These screens allow for easy opening and closing without any hindrance, thanks to the magnetic closure system.
- Affordable: Magnetic fly screen is a cost-effective solution for insect protection, making them popular for budget-conscious homeowners.
Sliding Fly Screen
Sliding fly screen is commonly used for large openings like patios or sliding glass doors. They consist of multiple panels that slide horizontally on a track.
- Wide coverage: Sliding screens can cover large areas, effectively protecting against insects for wide openings.
- Easy operation: These screens glide smoothly on tracks, making opening and closing effortless without sacrificing functionality.
- Enhanced aesthetics: Sliding screens can be customized to match your doors’ design and aesthetics, blending seamlessly with your home’s interior or exterior.
In conclusion,a high quality fly screen provides an effective solution for keeping insects out while allowing fresh air to flow into your home. Whether you choose fixed, retractable, magnetic, or sliding screens, they offer many benefits, including insect protection, improved airflow, and versatile operation. By installing a fly screen in your office or home, you can enjoy a bug-free and comfortable environment all year round.